Skip to content

Master in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy

What can you do with a master’s in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy?


A Master’s degree in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy provides specialized knowledge and skills to work in the field of sexual health, relationships, and couples therapy.

Here are some potential career paths and opportunities:

  • Sex Therapist: With a Master’s degree in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy, you can work as a sex therapist, helping individuals and couples address and overcome sexual difficulties, concerns, and dysfunctions. You would provide counseling, education, and interventions to promote healthy sexual functioning and enhance intimacy.

  • Couples Therapist: You could work as a couples therapist, specializing in relationship dynamics, communication, and conflict resolution. In this role, you would help couples navigate relationship challenges, improve communication skills, and develop strategies for strengthening their bond.

  • Sexuality Educator: You may work as a sexuality educator, providing workshops, seminars, and educational programs on various aspects of sexual health, relationships, and intimacy. This could involve working with schools, community organizations, or healthcare settings to promote sexual well-being and provide evidence-based information.

  • Relationship Coach: As a relationship coach, you could offer guidance and support to individuals and couples in improving their relationships. This might involve providing practical tools, strategies, and personalized guidance to help clients achieve their relationship goals.

  • Researcher and Writer: With a Master’s degree, you could contribute to research in the field of clinical sexology and couples therapy. This may involve conducting studies, writing scholarly articles, and contributing to the development of knowledge in the field.

  • Sexuality Consultant: You could work as a sexuality consultant, providing advice, guidance, and resources to individuals and organizations on sexual health, diversity, and inclusivity. This might involve consulting with healthcare providers, schools, businesses, or media outlets on issues related to sexual well-being and cultural competency.

  • Sexuality and Relationship Educator: In educational institutions or community settings, you may work as a sexuality and relationship educator, delivering workshops, classes, or seminars on topics such as sexual health, consent, healthy relationships, and diversity in sexuality.

  • Private Practice: With appropriate licensure and additional qualifications, you could establish a private practice as a sex therapist or couples therapist, providing specialized counseling services to individuals and couples seeking support with sexual and relationship concerns.

It's important to note that specific licensure requirements and regulations for practicing as a therapist may vary depending on the region and local laws.

Therefore, it’s advisable to research the requirements and regulations in your desired area of practice and pursue any necessary licensure or certification. Additionally, continuing education and staying updated on current research and practices in the field would be essential for professional growth.